The Emergency Messaging widget turns any digital signage screen into an emergency messaging solution. It’s more powerful than other emergency notification systems such as sirens and texts in that it addressed the visual component of mass notification and does not require users to sign up for it.
The widget includes a library of alerts templates for severe weather, terror alert, active shooter, fire emergency, flooding and more. It also includes the option of adding custom templates for unique occurrences such as a gas leak, school closing and more.
The templates can be created and customized in advance and then stores in the widget. When an emergency occurs, then the template is triggered to take over the screen and override content currently playing to display the alert and provide instructions on what to do.
In addition to custom alerts, the widget also receives and displays CAP alerts from national and local sources.
The Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) is a simple but general format for exchanging all-hazard emergency alerts and public warnings over all kinds of networks. It allows a consistent warning message to be disseminated simultaneously over many different warning systems e.g. digital signage, sirens, text, email, strobe lights, social media etc.
Features & Benefits
- Includes templates for severe weather, terror alert, active shooter, fire emergency, flooding & more.
- Templates describe the alert and provide information/instructions on how to respond.
- Templates can be easily updated as the emergency changes.
- Centralized control makes sure only authorized users can disseminate alerts.
- Users can create custom alerts for unique emergencies.
- Alerts can be created in advance and stored in the widget.
- Alerts also include CAP alerts from national and local sources.